Saturday 2 September 2017

WarHammer Great Swords ... almost

Hi Chaps,

It's been a while and I apologise but that damned work thing has been keeping me busy which in a way is good as I get to buy models.

Anyway as a quick update I thought I would pop my latest purchase on here which are some excellent Artizan designs Landschneckts acting as proxy GW Great Swords. The figures are very similar in size to the GW figures that I already own and should paint up a treat.



I am looking forward to working on these as currently I am painting some Perry medieval cavalry....I don't know what it is about Perry plastics but I always fall short of achieving even a half decent job of them. The models themselves are obviously perfect and I see others painting them with great results but I do fail with them constantly.

Tomorrow I will have pics of my completed board and a few models that I have managed to paint in little bursts of 15 minutes at a time. Who knows I may even get time to have a game with my son Conrad-if I can drag him away from the Call of Duty Beta which does indeed loo amazing. If only my war games table could look as good!

4 comments:

  1. Good to know that you are ok, if a little busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, we have known each other years through our blogs. One day maybe we will meet and have a chat. There are many friends that I have never met yet via blogging

      Delete
  2. Enjoy I always love the look of the original metal Empire greatswords. The Artizan figures look like they will fit in well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you are right Simon. The figures are the same size as GW and the detail seems well defined so they should be easy enough to paint

      Delete