Tuesday 6 February 2018

Age of Sigmar Painting

Hi Chaps,

Well I am still on holiday and what a pleasure it is to get two weeks off together! This has given me enough time to complete some chores and even get some painting in. Indeed the painting has been a little slow as I am using the guide that came with the Age of Sigmar box-I don't even know the names for the figures or monsters involved but they have so much detail on them that they take an age to paint.



The bad guys (I assume?) are especially time consuming and well done Games Workshop in producing these miniature works of art. I am not so sure what a novice painting his first figures would think of tackling these little devils-maybe that was put right in the second starter release as the nurgle types look a little easier to paint?




The three riders above (Palladors?) I bought off ebay for less than £20 and still on the sprue! They seem to be £35 on GW's website so I actually may have won one at last. Still I have had my fill of fantasy this week and will complete the Russian 28mm weapons teams next.





Photography wise I need another light and maybe a booth but it is getting there very slowly...

When I can muster the energy I will sell a few unfinished figures/projects on the famous fleabay probably to raise more money to fill out the ranks of my German 28mm. Maybe I will be able to talk my son into a game but being away from the internet and his guitar for more than an hour causes him some discomfort!

Keep blogging Chaps it feeds my daydreams at work.

8 comments:

  1. Great job, most impressive figures, love the amazing first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, the models do turn up still on the sprue on ebay like this one did for around £10. GW are really getting good with their models

      Delete
  2. Painting looks fabulous, you’ve done fine work on these. I actually like them more knowing you don’t know the (daft) names ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Ragsta, I just cannot get into the back stories that GW give their models, these will either rarely be war gamed with or turn up in Frostgrave games.

      Delete
  3. They all look fab. I suppose you could always do basic paint jobs and return to them and tart them as you learn new skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good point Simon, I look back at some figures of mine from a few years ago and shudder. This hobby constantly makes one improve as new techniques are discovered.

      Delete
  4. Hello! From across the pond! Was cruising the internet just out of curiosity and came to your site. I too play Bolt Action, 40k, and FrostGrave as well. Though your blog title states solo wargaming. I too solo and many of us do, but I must ask how do you solo wargame? For me in 40k they just come and attack no questions asked. In Bolt Action the Germans use cover and tactics. FrostGrave I have yet to play, but there are automation rules in the books for some enemies. I do roll for the enemy. My son and I play against bad guys basically. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete