Wednesday 2 May 2018

A few hours free

Hi Chaps,

Well things certainly improved this afternoon on the war gaming front. I actually had 2 hours of my own time with no distractions. What a treat.

As I am fairly tight (approaching Yorkshireman level) I decided to use up a scrap of 5mm foam card. This small piece was the leftover from some past building project and was an irregular shape so I measured 20mm squares onto it and proceeded to cut them out.


by stacking four together and holding them together with PVA and a couple of brass tacks I have the size of a 28mm Hesco barrier. Using insect netting (about £3 a metre) I stuck this on four of the sides. Please note that this will give you sticky fingers and PVA drives me mad. Once this is dry I will put glue on the top and dip into sand.... a finished example can be seen on the left of the next pic.


This was a little project to make use of my time and I hope that I never have to make any more of these! I always paint scenery using the cheap tester pots from B and Q.

To complete the best day ever (well in a long time) two lots of figures arrived from two excellent companies. Both had a free sample and relevant figure in with them and both delivered their orders the day after I placed them. Well done Britannia and The Assault Group.



I am not sure what is happening to my pics but I will leave it as it is getting towards kick off of Liverpool vs Roma and I am sure you chaps will understand....

Today I also ordered some air con units from Crooked dice, if you read through this blog you will see I attempted to make some of these and failed. The Crooked dice ones look really useful and the 10 I ordered will not be enough! Please do have a look at them-they are cheap.

Next week I hope to order some more figures so that my forces are more or less complete before I begin painting. The US Marines will probably get the Somalia desert pattern clothing-does anyone know if this is correct for the Assault Groupo figures?

Have a good week Guys-I am off again at the weekend (first in ages) and I hope to have a few shops or Afghan compounds almost complete to show you.

Thanks for looking Guys your Blogs keep me going.

3 comments:

  1. Ingenious bit of modelling going on there and very nice it is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thaks Guys, its he cheapest method but so sticky!

    ReplyDelete