Tuesday 21 August 2018

Valiant Rapid Fire Brits

Hi Chaps,

I can attest that being off work is amazing. Decorating is well under way and my British Infantry Battalion is now complete. I do not have a pic of it all together as everything here is upside down due to the decorating but my games table will be out shortly so a Battalion snap will be taken and posted. In the mean time here is the HQ company and a few of the men....





The dullness of the pics is a little disappointing but I am working on it. The figures were speed painted on a white undercoat, a wash of Agrax Earthshade and then highlighted. All the guys have a battalion patch and rank insignia, I suppose they could do with a lighter flesh highlight. From box to tabletop this full Battalion took 8 hours which for me is pretty quick. The Germans may well take a little longer.

The Germans are stuck together and based awaiting a black undercoat. Sadly the Plastic Soldier Company order has not arrived yet so no armoured support for either side is available. A trip to my local hobby shop later today may see some cheapo Zvezda reinforcements or even a few Hat figures purchased.

Next challenge will be a small skirmish.

Keep blogging Chaps.


8 comments:

  1. Complete...and beautiful, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work are these the new scaled ones or the old original oversized ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the oversized figures... I had no idea Valiant were rescaling-pretty sad about that as I would have waited before buying.

      Delete
  3. Great guys! Here is my battalion of Wehrmacht:
    http://olddes.blogspot.com/2017/02/rapid-fire_14.html

    ReplyDelete