Saturday 11 August 2018

Rapid Fire 20mm (again)

Hi Chaps,

Well the hot weather continues to put a halt to pretty much all of my painting but to be honest I am not getting much spare time at all at the minute. But.... I have made what for me is a major war gaming investment as a sort of treat to self.

I have purchased the starter deal from the Rapid Fire website and also a box of A9s and Pz38T's from the Plastic soldier company. Hopefully this stuff should arrive in time for my two weeks summer holiday which will be spent decorating, family time and hobby time.




Hopefully Rumford and Marsh won't send the lads around for using their picture! At under £30 this set is a bargain, link below.

https://www.valiantminiatures.com/product/valiant-miniatures-rapid-fire-starter-set/

I am hoping that I can make the Brits look like early war, likewise with the Germans and if not-well I play solo!

The Plastic Soldier company stuff has been good for me in the past so I am expecting the tanks to be fine. Pretty much for less than £80 inc postage I will have the basis for two decent armies which I can add to when the mood takes me.

I have found that armies of this period are never finished as there is always that extra vehicle needed or command group or field kitchen ... its a long list.

Keep blogging Chaps

10 comments:

  1. That looks like a great starter set, lots to look forward to there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right Michael, once the figures are based I can dip in and out of painting them.

      Delete
  2. Cracking... don't forget the French as well.. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I forgot to put a pic on of them. It will be interesting to try and use them in a game.

      Delete
  3. Nice stuff! We really live in a wargaming golden age. I remember when there weren't any kits for the A9, Pz35t or Pz38t. Now they're available in several scales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree AJ, I saw the A9 kit and immediately decided to buy it. Of course we could still use a series of Vickers tanks but in the mean time I will order some Frontline resin castings

      Delete
  4. Excellent choice!I have been playing Rapid Fire for a long time and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sergiuss, I have just started to base the figures. Already good fun

      Delete
  5. Are you aware of the new Valiant figures that will shortly be available? They have been resized to be more compatible with other 20mm ranges. The unique size and proportions of the classic Valiants means they can't really be mixed with any other figures. For that reason I'd strongly recommend anyone starting a new army to consider the upcoming Valiant "20s"...

    Cheers, Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG really?? Haha I have just painted and based a British battalion. Oh well I will keep them seperate and err hope I don't keep noticing the size difference.

      Delete