Wednesday 10 April 2019

18 Pdr Completed and ready to roll dice.

Hi Chaps,

Well with some great advice from Tinshed (Mark) from the Lead Adventure Forum my little artillery piece is now completed and ready to roll dice in anger. The build was actually pretty straight forward once the length of the barrel was worked out and wheels found.






A cereal packet provided the front shield and other iron plate bits of the gun and greenstuff helped create the breach. The crew are Plastic Soldier Company Russian plastics with new heads from Sloppy Jalopy and the Warlord German box set.

The same was done for the Infantry unit... so now almost for free I have a little Spanish Civil War/VBCW unit. More importantly if I ever need artillery for something I can be sure of scratch building if I can't afford to buy one.


The scratch building will continue as I have just purchased the Peter Pig Pdf for AK 47. I really do want to make some little terrain pieces for this game-15MM will be a massive change but I used to love this game back when I actually used to play!

Thanks for popping by Chaps you keep me going with your blogs, I love them all.

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done! If you hadn't shown photos of the gun before painting I'd have believed it's a commercial model. I've got this 'itch' to build a 1/56th Rolls-Royce armoured car for Iraq, and your example of card-craft shows what's possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it AJ. The Lead Adventure forum and especially a chap called Tin Shed (Mark) will walk you through it. Good luck.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, it was nice to complete it without any dramas.

      Delete
  3. Excellent scratch-built gun and nice work on the minis, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz, I don't game the period but who knows in the future?

      Delete