Thursday 4 April 2019

A Very British Civil War 28MM

Hi Chaps,

Well its been the most productive day or two for months-years? During my clear out I came across some Plastic Soldier Company 28MM Russians still on the sprue. Out came the clippers and the bits box and a few hours later I had a company of Spanish Civil War types...


So with the 18 Pounder that I had begun earlier in the week it seemed logical to see what I could cobble together for the wonderfully British idea of a civil war in 1938. As it turns out I ordered a group of miners from Sally 4th (they arrived very quickly) and some odds and ends-drivers and a dispatch rider from Empress and Footsore...


Whilst passing my local hobby shop I rashly purchased a box of Warlord British Expeditionary Force troopswhich are now based and awaiting an undercoat. So, for the first time in a long time I have 30 or more metal figures awaiting delivery or paint, happy days indeed.





A second 18 Pounder will be started and if I can source more wheels more artillery will be constructed-it really is addictive and I just like the thought of them being home made. I believe that the Perry twins (are they knighted yet?) are going to release plastic figures for world war one which is the best war gaming news I will have ever heard.... the next best would be a re release of the Warhammer Great War set.

Keep gaming and blogging Guys I will update when a few militia units are painted

4 comments:

  1. All good stuff. You're far more productive than I am right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a strange hobby AJ, when you least expect it you will be knocking out vast amounts of figures.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant stuff! I just love that scratch built artillery piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, it is getting a coat of paint over the weekend.

      Delete