Sunday 24 November 2019

Games Workshop Back in the Game? Old world returning?

Hi Chaps,

Well I can't complain. I have been lucky enough to have a spare few quid to buy 3 boxes of figures to make a proxy Imperial army for Warhammer and what happens? The day after the last box arrives Games Workshop reveal that they are bringing back the Old World as a separate game system!!

Makes me think that despite waiting a couple of years I was too hasty! So I will send Warlord Games Landsknechts over to my son in Barcelona and keep a box of Perry Mercenaries and Light cavalry in my stash... I had no intention of starting a Wars of the Roses army so if anyone has any GW Imperial Guard (the human looking guys right?) kicking about I would be up for a trade...

Anyway this is what I have been working on the last week or so...





To a certain extent all are a bit of a work in progress as they need a matt varnish and a few things added... the Dwarf flag needs some runes bases need completing. Games Workshop have really put a spanner in the works for what I had planned to do but despite throwing almost £60 at it I am not even cross that the project is now on hold. 

So probably back to the Russians unless I can get hold of some Imperial Guard to mess around with. I don't play 40K and the starter box has no appeal for me so I have no idea what they will be used for. I really must see if I can take some pics of my figures as they are on my shelves...

Keep blogging Guys-I feed off your ideas!

10 comments:

  1. Very nice looking minis! I like overall grim and dark look of all of these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed! You have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I'm especially partial to the dwarves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz, those little guys have been a box for 15 years I think!

      Delete
  4. Love the splendid first vignette, superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil, thanks, I needed a Cleric type for an MDF church that I am working slowly on

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty sure that the figures you have for this project will still be better than whatever they come up with WHEN they relaunch. I say just go for it and devil take them! ;P Your recent works look really good! Is that first piece a restyled Harry Potter with Dobbie looking on? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ragsta, thanks for your kind comments... I never made the connection to Dobbie but you are right LOL. The figure is from the NorthStar plastic Wizards box. There are lots of useful bits on the sprues as well

      Delete