Tuesday 19 July 2016

Grubby Humvee and Warlord Plastics

Hi Chaps,

Glorious English weather at last! Arrived just as I had set aside some painting time...undeterred I pressed on fortified by 4 cold cans of beer. Life is good!

The Humvee (painted under the influence) is from Grubby tanks who always provide an excellent service and with this order a free figure. The freebie looked like Andy from the remake of Dawn of the Dead and is a welcome addition to my growing number of survivors. Always good value this Humvee and gunner was £8.50 which is great for a 28MM model.


The Rangers were painted before beer was had and they seem to have turned out OK. Warlord sell the box for £15 which is a little steep for 8 plastic figures but there are lots of weapons left over...



At almost 70 Zeds and a lot of survivors and wrecked cars I can now consider this project a done thing. It has been fun and my shelves are full so in true gamer style I was looking at the next project.

"Living on the Frontline" a war of 79 game is available from Partisan Press....I also saw a sprue for a 1/72 scale Chieftain! Grubby maybe of use again as he produces FV432's....happy days!

9 comments:

  1. Very mice indeed, the beer doesn't seem to have slowed you down too much - great job Sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, I must be getting old the beer did make me sleep though!

      Delete
  2. Nice work all around. Great value on the Humvee. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pulp, Grubby are great for value. Maybe not the best detailed models but for wargaming they work...I just wish he would expand his catalogue.

      Delete
  3. A nice little model!

    (Is it me, or does the modern Humvee bear a passing resemblance to the dear old Quad artillery tractor?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AJ! I had never thought of the quad but now you have mentioned it....bloody hell the outline is very similar! I will never be able to look at a Humvee without thinking Quad now. One of my favourite kits when i WAS YOUNG AS WELL.

      Delete
  4. Nice work dude. They all turned out great. Its what bugs me about warlord taking over the range is what was a great value for money product has been split in 3 and charged extra for it. Granted you get stuff for the game but the miniatures were what were the gold tbh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right about less figures for the money! The designs have been improved upon but when you compare the costs they are probably 3 times more expensive. I did not buy the game as I thought the dice were just a gimmick....pity really/ I think Warlord dropped the ball on this-I wonder what will happen to the other figures in the old companies range?

      Delete