Saturday 25 March 2017

The Messy Desk!

Hi Chaps,

Well today was amazing! I got 2 hours of painting in with t

he door open, sunshine flooding into the room and Mozart on low in the back ground. Also tea....a steady flow of tea. Perfection.

Perfection that is until I came back to my desk and saw the abysmal mess I had made! I like order and my desk was utter chaos!


This really is my nightmare...what if the RSM floated by? Nope painting over and quickly start putting what went wrong right again.

Anyway a start was made on the Dragoth thing and at last a unit of flagellants and shooty types for the Empire are 99% done. Age of Sigmar is a great game and I fully intend to play more games of it this year, I may even try a local club.

The African moderns are out of the cabinet to make room and may go on ebay to fund my lust for more fantasy figures. Games Workshop have done everything right for me in the last 12 months so my next purchase will be the Generals Handbook just to read at work.

Keep blogging Chaps you keep me going now from 9 till 5.




Work in progress Empire troops above....now thankfully completed and awaiting a their standard bearer and officer....they better be good in Sigmar games as these have been ongoing for ages.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Monty...the stars must have been aligned because I did not get disturbed!

      Delete
  2. And a lovely day was had here in sunny Oxfordshire too. I spent a couple of hours in the garage painting figures with the door open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the joy you felt Dannoc. Maybe war gamers will get peace and quiet in the afterlife as opposed to Valhalla?

      Delete
  3. That really isn't a mess, but the painting time sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael it was so nice to get some down time....the desk is ready for inspection now though.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, to my mind that's how a painting desk should look! It shows that it's being used. (I know some people don't like things to look untidy though)
    Nice powder monkey, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fitz...I actually try to keep it tidy as I go so it was a shock to end up in chaos. Little touches like the powder monkey were a great touch in the GW boxes.

      Delete
  5. Great mess on the table! This should be the case during work. The result is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sergiuss, it is good to get the brushes out at last

      Delete