Saturday 15 April 2017

Veteran GW Spears

Hi Chaps,

Well I have just completed the most decrepit group of figures that I own. Thank fully I will never have to look at them closely again....on the table they will hopefully look OK but these guys arrived with spears glued on in the wrong position and detail obscured..ughh.



The unit is of 10 spears but only seven appear in the pic as the other 3 were still awaiting paint...as it turns out 30 or 40 minutes hobby time through the week before work is a useful way to complete line units. I can give myself a treat  of a character at the weekends.

The muskets are awaiting paint but the non standard guy is holding up the proceedings because greenstuff takes a good 24 hours to dry.

It has been a rather standard week on the hobby front but some old figures from the 90's arrived....I always wanted the drinking figures from Games Workshop but could never find them. The Priest will work as a stand in Wizard for my Empire army which I now realise is made from figures from very different era's.



Keep blogging Chaps you help me through the day with what you create.

3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Separate spears were the bane of my gaming life until I found a good epoxy adhesive. My old Seleucid pike blocks used to shed the damned things like Autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I like that phrase! I only ever tried DBA/M in 15mm so I suffered only from bent pikes.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete