Friday 19 May 2017

First 28mm Vehicle Kit.

Hi Chaps,

This was a week to forget so I bought a little treat in the form of an Sdkfz 222. I always liked this vehicle and as a child I treasured my Matchbox 1/76 version for many years (where did that go?). Anyway I have never built a kit bigger than 20mm scale so when I saw this monster sized version for less than £10 I thought that I would give it a go.


Possibly this is an old Tamiya model but I cannot be sure....what I do know is that some of the lugs did not seem to fit or be in the right spot to take the front mudguards. Obviously I am no model maker but this kit seemed odd to make. The wheels are a weak point and I will have to base the model to protect it but other than that it looks OK.




At some point I will add stowage and a few helmets/jerry cans to give a lived in look but overall I am happy with how it turned out. Indeed this has been a great distraction and a welcome change from Empire figures.

As every war gamer knows this is how new armies start and next payday may well see an order to Warlord Games for just a few more figures.....and then Plastic soldier company for their excellent value Russian box. I am so used to this process now that I don't even bother to fight it...

Keep blogging guys.

22 comments:

  1. You did a terrific job on this first effort in the larger scale. One thing to note - this model is 1:48 scale. All the models from Warlord will be 1:56. The difference is noticeable particularly if you were to purchase a second 222.There is plenty of plastic out there in that scale and I believe that you can get more vehicles in resin from Blitzkrieg Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celtic that is a good point! I had not realised that there would be a difference! Price was the main reason for buying this but I will check out the size difference before I buy next time

      Delete
  2. A great job there and the colouring weathering look top notch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out nicely. Some kits are a bugger to assemble. I remember three cheap 1/72 Daimler ACs by a Russian manufacturer (whose name escapes me) I bought some years ago. They were terrible things to glue together, and paint seemed to slough off them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I know who you mean...they made a boardgame as well. This took paint but the instructions were not very clear at all.

      Delete
  4. Looking good! I like how weathering turned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nimrod, it was fun to paint but now I need figures to go with it.

      Delete
  5. Superb work! What a great job you have done on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael, it was a change from fantasy...now I just need more figures

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Monty this was a real change of pace and a stress buster.

      Delete
  7. That looks superb! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Legatus, this was a cheap model so I felt like I could just paint it regardless of the outcome.

      Delete
  8. Looks awesome. One of my favourite WW2 vehicles as well. I hope to get on of these myself when I eventually get my Fallschirmjagers on the go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon, I was always put off the paras because of the camo but they look the best German troops by far. I look forward to seeing you create a force with those guys!

      Delete
  9. great post really appreciable work. That will be valuable to everyone who uses it, including myself. Many thanks!
    bk8

    ReplyDelete
  10. เล่นหวยออนไลน์ ได้เงินเยอะ
    ได้เงินจริง ต้องมาเล่นที่นี่
    https://click1234.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. King Slot
    ราชา.....แห่งสล็อต
    มันถึงเวลาแล้วที่เราจะมาทวงบัลลังก์คืนเปลี่ยนเบทให้เป็นฟรีเกม
    สล็อต666

    ReplyDelete