Sunday 21 January 2018

Games Workshop I approve.

Hi Chaps,For most of us this hobby can be pretty expensive and time consuming. I do love history and reading is an important part of my hobby but work and family commitments last year meant that I did not get to read much at all. (Anthony Beevors Stalingrad was the star book of the year).

So over the holiday period I decided I would try a new approach. This year I will keep to three projects, the first is the Bolt Action German and Russian armies which are now underway. The second I decided would be Age of Sigmar and the third is my get out clause should I see something new later in the year.

Both of this years projects have one thing in common, rules, figures and scenarios can all come from the same source. This will save me time and effort and hours of internet distraction (although this may not be so true for the Bolt Action stuff as I have already strayed from Warlord to buy some radio operators from Black Tree Designs).

So I paid £64 for the Age of Sigmar starter set and I have to say it is amazing. There is a lot (a lot) of troops and even the rank and file are of exceptional quality. Should I need any fantasy figures for Frostgrave the rank and file would be good enough for characters they are that good!


So impressed was I that I have bought the heroes basing set to plop my commanders onto. Background is included and is easy reading but I am not that motivated by the setting, this was most certainly bought for the figures. Games Workshop have really upped their game recently with their starter sets and collecting boxes. During the week-I have a week off- I will post some progress to all this new found love for a British company.

Have a good evening Chaps I am off to glue and stick into the small hours.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy it! They do look good I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AOS is a dangerously good game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, I have only played a couple of games with my son but we loved it

      Delete