Thursday 19 July 2018

A Campaign and Second hand figures

Hi Chaps,

I have at last had a couple of days off together-rejoice! Also the postman has been kept busy delivering small packages from my ebay purchases. So far I have three units of Games Workshop Imperial infantry and a cannon but I have bids on several more. I do love the older (5th edition?) version of the Imperial army-the cavalry can still be ordered from Games Workshop.

This military style planning is hopefully going to culminate with my two weeks off work where I intend to laze around and paint figures during the day and drink German beer at night. (after I have decorated my little girls room).



Construction of some bases is also underway only another 20 to go for the infantry. Some of the figures will get a bath to remove the paint, I am especially fond of the master gunner who was a little bonus amongst the shooty types.



As for the setting for any games I am using local history and a mix of mischief. It must be 30 years since I last had a campaign diary and scribbling notes for a background has been very cathartic. How this ends up I have no idea but it does feel a bit DandD and a tad nerdy but already my games will have a reason and an impact on my characters.

Keep blogging guys.

4 comments:

  1. "it does feel a bit DandD and a tad nerdy"
    Sounds good. :)
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Fitz. People who do not enjoy this hobby would never understand.

      Delete
  2. Is there a better sight than the postman heading down the path with an armful of small packages? Especially on your day off! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Michael, it is a grown mans Christmas morning

      Delete