Saturday 17 May 2014

Space Hulk arrives...first game

Hi Chaps,

Well Royal Mail did me proud and Space Hulk arrived and within an hour my son was battling with Genestealers and writing his own miniature legend! The game took around an hour as we plodded through the rules but it was an exciting and tense affair...aptly named Suicide! The marines did flame the room as ordered but the last two men perished the very next turn. I had forgotten just how awesome this game was and watching my son making decisions and enjoying himself really made my day....see for yourselves, it was fun!





The figures are a little dated but I will strip and repaint the metals using nail polish remover and for the plastic Genestealers I will soak them in Dettol for 24 hours which strips paint but does not damage the plastic. In no time the figures will look far more modern. I suppose for the time of this games release the figures were painted to the standard of the time?




Thanks for looking, my son and I recommend this game to anyone who likes miniature gaming, bargains are still out there!

Keep blogging.

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time. As I mentioned the old WD had a few articles adding rules for playing space hulk using imperial guard, orks and eldar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robert, I will hunt these magazines down. The Imperial guard will be interesting...do you have this game?

      Delete
    2. I had it way back when in the 90's, my friend bought the recent limited release but we haven't played it. I do recall playing imperial guard vs orks in the 90s.

      Delete
  2. I have happy memories of playing this game. I have a copy for the Playstation that is rather too slow to load to be enjoyable, but still gives some of the tense feel you get with the miniature game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chaps, the PC game was very popular, it is odd that GW only release this game every few years?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome I still wish I had a copy of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great game, the figures also came in useful for bulking out our early 40k games. We also had the Space Crusade version which was very similar.
    The rules for the Imperial Guard not turned up anywhere on the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its also worth looking out for Lost Patrol also by GW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my all time favourite games too and one that I really enjoyed introducing my son to also

    http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2009/10/opening-box.html

    http://tasmancave.blogspot.com.au/2010/09/hulkex-battle-report.html:

    ReplyDelete