Saturday 25 February 2017

Paper and Foam building 28mm

Hi Chaps,

Well this week saw an epic battle where my immune system kicked the ass of the common cold! Not all plain sailing as my reaction was to cease all activities for a day or two to help the old white blood cells out.

Still I managed to almost complete this small block of maisonette style housing. This was constructed out of foam board and a printed paper brick pattern. The internet has various patterns out there and my library charges 25p for a colour print out so this was an affordable construction. The "final fix" of doors has yet to go on but I have for now run out of steam (or is that patience?) with it.





So there it is...room entry for zombie games is now an option though I may buy some mdf buildings to fill out a table. I am hoping that some TV dishes, wires and trash will help to give it a lived in look....now I just have to source some ping pong balls to cut the satellite dishes out of!

The figures are the only two I have had the strength to paint, they are both Warlord plastics and the detail was sharp....they were also easy to put together which is always a bonus.

Thanks for popping by. Keep blogging.

6 comments:

  1. Nice modeling. Give yourself a well deserved pat on the back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay thats really kind of you. I just need a few shops and I will have a mini estate to roam around.

      Delete
  2. Nicely done. Perhaps it could use a bit of graffiti here and there for that authentic inner city look?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Monty, it will be handy to fill a table but it got monotonous cutting all those windows and doors out.

      Delete