Tuesday 12 April 2016

Mordheim, Frostgrave and the brothers Grimm

Hi Chaps,

I have had an hour of sticking, cutting and gluing....oh and painting a toad. This hobby can be surreal!
It could just be that Games Workshop will be re releasing Mordheim-I missed it first time around but will definatley be buying this time...anyway as Frostgrave seems to be along the same lines I began my first ever Warband.

As a lifelong fan of the darker fairy tales one has to love the Grimm brothers. The excellent film "The Brothers Grimm" reinforced my liking of these two highly intelligent men...though it is a fantastic tale I am sure that they would approve! So my first two shooters for Mordheim or Frostgrave are the brothers Jacob and Wilhelm, the large book they both have is actually the German dictionary that they both worked on but never completed. Maybe I will change the heads or just attempt to give them hair....or paint on a shadow representing a shaved head?



Another 3d doodle today was the plastic/rubber toad thing that I found, it fits size wise for Frostgrave-I honestly never thought that I would ever paint a toad. It is a work in progress but what can you really do with an ice toad?


Lastly a package arrived today containing the Frostgrave Sigilists, pretty useful for either system I would think? I am looking forward to painting these up and would not mind an all female warband....I am an equal rights employer!

Just for anyone who may have missed one of Heath Ledgers best performances ever....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brothers_Grimm_(film)

And here are the real guys....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimms%27_Fairy_Tales

Keep blogging Chaps!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely conversions and surely you can never have enough ice toads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If people had mentioned painting toads a few years ago I would have thought they were nuts!

      Delete